Monday 4 August 2014

London Town//Photographs

I absolutely love day trips to London with my family, so when there was talk of spending the day there on Friday I was over the moon.  I have paid many visits to London over the years, as I have family that live and work around the city, but no two trips have ever been the same. With every trip I have seen so many different places and sights, and I still feel I have missed out on so much. That's the beauty of London, everywhere is so different and diverse, after every tube trip you feel like you are in a different place, everywhere is so exciting and full and the scale of the city is mind blowing. I haven't been for about 18 months, and it's without a doubt my favourite place to visit, especially with a good camera.
This time we decided to do our trip a little differently and not do the whole touristy-trip, so we walked up Portobello Road and Notting Hill, to Denmark Street and had a late lunch in the fantastic Borough Market. And of course you can't make a trip to London without seeing some art, so after my delicious Ethiopian curry from Borough Market, we made our way to the Tate Modern. Portobello Road was the highlight of my day, I have never seen anywhere so packed full of variety and exciting, individual stalls. With so many vintage clothes, jewellery and cameras, I'm not sure how I walked away having not spent anything?!

Lavender and Garlic, Portobello Road Market

Exotic foods, Portobello Road Market

Portobello Road

Riding the Tube 

Neal's Yard

The Shard from Borough Market

Visitors, Tate Modern

No comments:

Post a Comment