Wednesday 3 December 2014

Sculpture Workshop//Experimenting

Today, as part of our Workshop Streams, was Sculpture. My practice predominantly consists of 2D based work; printing, painting, drawing, photography and film, so I wasn't too excited about this part of the course. However, the workshop did turn out to be better than I thought it would, but I was disappointed by the lack of materials we had access to; cardboard, string and tape. Seeing as I don't have much experience in making models out of cardboard, I thought I would simply experiment rather than make anything related to my project. In the end I made four boxes; two using a cut out net of a cube stuck together and decorated with masking tape; and two with using six cut out squares, one with string and one slotted together with small bits of cardboard on the sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment