Saturday 21 March 2015

Paintings//Photographs

I created paintings that purely consist of different shades of the same colour, using oil paint on A4 paper or canvas board. The aim of this was to simply practice painting and mixing colours, and to paint just because I wanted to.
I then thought about paintings and photographs of paintings. A painting has so many layers and textures (homogeneous), but when photographed is just one smooth texture (heterogeneous), which completely changes the painting. The material on which the painting is created also alters the look of the painting. A lot of the time we only see pictures of paintings on the internet or in books, which provides a completely different experience to viewing the actual painting.
The photographs on the post are of my paintings, but give a very different effect to that of seeing the paintings I actually made.








No comments:

Post a Comment