Thursday 23 October 2014

The Move to S1

Almost five weeks ago now, I made the big move from my home in Leicestershire to my student accommodation in Sheffield, after a wait that felt like forever. I finished my foundation degree at the end of May this year, and have known about my unconditional place at Sheffield Hallam since February, so I was very excited for the move and new start for a very long time.
Since being here I have experienced freshers week (which inevitably came hand in hand with 'freshers flu'!), met lots of lovely new people, had a lot of fun learning to cook and live independently  with my great flat mates and got to know an amazing city. I have also been introduced to my course (Creative Art Practice), with Streams groups, drawing exercises, Crit groups, lectures and the visiting artist programs Gravity and Transmission.
The lecturers and tutors I have been introduced to have been great and I am looking forward to progressing on the course and taking a trip to London in two weeks time to aid our research!
Exploring the city; Sheffield Town Hall
Exploring the city; Street Art

My new room

Bathroom drawing exercise

Drawing from memory exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment