Tuesday 8 April 2014

Foundation in Art and Design

My love of art and creating art started at GCSE and A Level when I chose to do Fine Art. I enjoyed all four years, but most work was so skills building and artist based, focusing a lot on links and copies of work. Most sketchbook pieces I completed during A Level were very finished pieces without actual thinking and experimentation. Because of this, when it came to year 13 and deciding what the next step in my life was, I decided that I wasn’t ready for university and that the best thing for my creative career would be to apply for Art Foundation degrees. I applied to DMU, Loughborough University and Leicester College.
I feel that accepting an offer from Leicester College was the best decision I have ever made. I have met amazing people and I have two tutors that have helped me learn creatively and grow as a person. They are both so inspirational and without them I wouldn’t be the artist or person I am today.
Without them, I also wouldn’t have a place at the university I have dreamed of going to since I was 14, Sheffield Hallam, on an amazing course, BA Creative Art Practice. At the beginning of 2014 I had three interviews at three universities, Leeds Metropolitan, Birmingham City and Manchester Metropolitan, for Fine Art degrees, and Sheffield Hallam for Creative Art Practice. I got offers from all of these universities, apart from Manchester Met. I was absolutely over the moon with these offers, and even happier that I was able to accept an Unconditional Offer from Sheffield Hallam.
I started the Foundation in Art and Design at the end of August 2013 and am now a matter of weeks away from the end of the course. It has been a life changing experience so I will of course be very sad to see it end, however I am very excited about exhibiting my Final Major Project in our end of year exhibition, and finally starting my new life at Sheffield Hallam.

No comments:

Post a Comment