Monday 26 May 2014

FMP Exhibition

My exhibition space 

Me in my exhibition space, including a label stating my university destination and degree choice!

'Rural' watercolour paintings mounted in foamboard

'Urban' silk screen prints mounted on foamboard

Poetry based oil paintings in canvas, with quotes from Mark Goodwins poem 'Ways Through An Outskirts Estate', which the paintings are based on. Mounted on mirror plates with screws.

I am absolutely over the moon with how my exhibition has turned out, which is currently still open at Leicester College. Leaving the Art Foundation, my tutors  and the friends I have made will be hard, but the excitement for starting my degree at Sheffiled Hallam will make it a lot easier!
I would like to say a huge thank you to the poet Mark Goodwin, who has allowed me to use his passion within my passion, to create work that I would never have explored if it wasn't for him. He has been extremely encouraging and positive about my work, which has given me the confidence to want to carry on creating 'film-poetry' and using poetry in my painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment