Tuesday 9 December 2014

More Landscapes//Gouache Paintings

I recently ran out of oil paints, so when I took a trip to the Works (cheap, I know) I was planning on buying more of the same paints I had been using. However, the oil paints were out of stock, so I came away with a set of Gouache paints. I have never used Gouache before so decided to take it on as a bit of a challenge and experiment. I also bought a pack of canvas board, and two landscape canvas', the quality of which isn't very high, but simply for experimenting on they are good enough for me.

I have now used the Gouache paints on the A5 canvas board, which has produced some painting which I quite like. The Gouache dries very quickly, making it harder to blend, but if you blend quick enough whilst they are still wet it produces a very satisfying effect. I like the colours and textures that can be achieved with this paint, and the sun and light in the paintings are very strong, which is what I wanted to achieve.








No comments:

Post a Comment