Wednesday 11 February 2015

Paintings//Sheffield Cityscape

During my assessment in January, I had very positive feedback about this painting. It isn't in a style I would usually use, and it is done in acrylic paints, using biro, so I didn't feel too great about it; it felt very much like the kind of work I would have produced at A-Level. However my assessment tutors told me that I should continue experimenting with this style and keep producing this kind of work, because it felt more like the kind of atmosphere of Sheffield than my other paintings did. 

I have continued to produce this kind of work, using acrylic paints and pen, of photos I have taken from Park Hill of Sheffield's cityscape. I am still not feeling that comfortable with painting in this style, it is a much longer process than other paintings I have produced, but the colours and style achieved portray a better sense of Sheffield as a city.




I have also tried using just blacks, whites and greys, and continuing to use pen.

I have also started to do pencil drawings in a similar style to the paintings, still using pen to add more detail and defined lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment