Thursday 17 April 2014

Architecture

 The last project we were given during the first stage of the Art Foundation was a drawing project based on architecture. We were given a 40 page sketchbook to complete in a week, which I did very successfully. I went out into Leicester to draw first hand observations, as well as taking my camera to collect photos to help my observations. 
 I was the only person on my course of 65 that completed the whole book in the week we were given, which meant some amazing feedback and compliments from tutors and peers, which gave me a great confidence boost. 
I started my drawings in 4B pencil, but gradually progressed to using 6B and 8B graphite pencils to add a more atmosphere to the book, and stronger detail to each drawing. 
 After the drawing project was over, we were then given a 'drawing into making' brief, which said that we were to develop our drawings into another form of art using different materials. Painting has always been my strong point, so I chose to make a book of paintings, but I decided to challenge myself by using oil paints, which I had never used before. 
 My paintings turned out to be very abstract and colourful representations of the patterns I achieved in my drawings. The texture of the oil paints and the colours I was able to achieve, made my paintings very successful and some of the best work I have produced on the course. I also presented them in a handmade book, which is something I have never done before. 
 For the first time on the course I also tried mono-printing. I used the glass printing table at college, and painted using oil paints, the pressed paper on top to create my prints based on my paintings and drawings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment