Tuesday 22 April 2014

Rurban//Architecture Research



















 The first step of my Rurban project was to do some photography based research. I went round Leicester city with my Pentax DSLR to take photographs that I could later use to base my drawings, paintings and prints on.

As an artist, photography is very important to me, as I believe it helps me to see things I would usually miss and find interesting ways of later composing my art work. In photographs, a higher level of detail can be achieved than just with the naked eye, so I like using photos as a back-up for my ideas and art work.

Whilst taking photographs around Leicester, my eyes were opened to what was actually around me and made me realise how interesting Leicester actually is, as I was constantly looking around for any buildings that would make interesting photos. I have now made two photo albums of the photos I took when exploring Leicester which I am using towards my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment